Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Sh...@Sun.COM on 2007/11/08 19:55:30 UTC

a typo in CustomUserRegistry.java

Hi,

Around line 88 of CustomUserRegistry.java, we have

            // Try to get SSO data from HttpServletRequest
            userName = getRequestAttribute(request,
WebloggerConfig.getProperty(
UID_LDAP_PROPERTY, DEFAULT_SNAME_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE));

I think there is a typo here.
It should be
// Try to get SSO data from HttpServletRequest
            userName = getRequestAttribute(request,
WebloggerConfig.getProperty(
UID_LDAP_PROPERTY, DEFAULT_UID_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE));

Note that we should have DEFAULT_UID_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE rather than
DEFAULT_SNAME_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE.

Regards,
      Shing Wai Chan

Re: a typo in CustomUserRegistry.java

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 8, 2007 1:55 PM,  <Sh...@sun.com> wrote:
> Around line 88 of CustomUserRegistry.java, we have
>
>             // Try to get SSO data from HttpServletRequest
>             userName = getRequestAttribute(request,
> WebloggerConfig.getProperty(
> UID_LDAP_PROPERTY, DEFAULT_SNAME_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE));
>
> I think there is a typo here.
> It should be
> // Try to get SSO data from HttpServletRequest
>             userName = getRequestAttribute(request,
> WebloggerConfig.getProperty(
> UID_LDAP_PROPERTY, DEFAULT_UID_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE));
>
> Note that we should have DEFAULT_UID_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE rather than
> DEFAULT_SNAME_LDAP_ATTRIBUTE.

Shing Wai,

The code you reference above is in the roller_4.1_dev branch. The
trunk has more recent code (I need to do a trunk -> 4.1 merge soon).

In the trunk Matt Raible recently tested LDAP with CAS, made some
fixes and used the SNAME property to get the user name. That worked
for him.

So now I wonder, which is correct? Should we use the SNAME or UID
property to get the user name?

- Dave