Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr> on 2014/05/14 09:20:51 UTC

[Flex on IOS] - Textinput with displayAsPassword show empty text on focus out

Hi everybody !

I have a problem with spark Textinput with displayAsPassword to true on IPad
and IPhone.
The textinput works, it shows the prompt, when I focus the textinput it
hides prompt, and I can put text inside.
But when I focus out the textinput to valid form, the content of Texinput is
hiding (rounds that hide text not appears), like no text was enter (but
property text is not empty, I test with trace text on focus out).

I use Flex SDK 4.12.1, and the default TextInputSkin for mobile
(spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin).

<s:TextInput id="pwdTi" displayAsPassword="true" prompt="enter password"
width="100%"/>

Have you got any suggestion to show correctly entered password ?

(On Air mobile application, it works perfectly).

Thanks :)

RE: [Flex on IOS] - Textinput with displayAsPassword show empty text on focus out

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Actually,  don't set the skinClass at all, so that it's guaranteed to use the default one ;-)

Maurice

Thanks Lee for your response. With your skin it works ;)

Re: [Flex on IOS] - Textinput with displayAsPassword show empty text on focus out

Posted by Tonic <an...@hotmail.fr>.

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.
TextInputSkin is no longer the default skin - have you tried using
ScrollingStageTextInputSkin (the new default)?

On 14/05/2014 08:20, Tonic wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> I have a problem with spark Textinput with displayAsPassword to true on IPad
> and IPhone.
> The textinput works, it shows the prompt, when I focus the textinput it
> hides prompt, and I can put text inside.
> But when I focus out the textinput to valid form, the content of Texinput is
> hiding (rounds that hide text not appears), like no text was enter (but
> property text is not empty, I test with trace text on focus out).
>
> I use Flex SDK 4.12.1, and the default TextInputSkin for mobile
> (spark.skins.mobile.TextInputSkin).
>
> <s:TextInput id="pwdTi" displayAsPassword="true" prompt="enter password"
> width="100%"/>
>
> Have you got any suggestion to show correctly entered password ?
>
> (On Air mobile application, it works perfectly).
>
> Thanks :)

Lee Burrows
ActionScripter