Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Louis Niyongabo <ln...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/20 07:53:03 UTC

Fineract, Overdrawn Saving Account crashes further Debit/Credit and Job Post Interest for Savings

Minimum Opening Balance=1,000

Allow Overdraft=true

Max Overdraft limit=10,000

Nominal annual interest for overdraft=18

Withdrawal Fee=Flat & 200

Accounting:

*************

Savings Reference(Assets)=Cash

Overdraft Portfolio(Assets)=Retail Overdraft

Savings Control(Liabilities)=Personal current acc

Transfers in suspense(Liabilities)=Suspense - Proxy accounts

Interest on Savings(Expenses)=Savings

Write-off(Expenses)=Current accounts retail

Income from Fee(Income)=Cash Withdrawal Fees

Income from Penalties(Income)=Penalty on Retail Accounts

Overdraft Interest Income(Income)=Int. Retail Overdraft

1. Create Saving Account that inherits these Savings Account Products
settings.

2. Approve and Activate Account

3. Debit and Credit of Minimum Opening Balance OK

4. Overdraw the Account, the posting is OK, rights accounts & amounts
debited/credited

5. Credit/Debit the account after (4.), see error below:

==>Recent Portfolio changes w.r.t Charges for Savings have Broken the
accounting code -

6. run job "Post Interest for Savings", see error below:

==>org.apache.fineract.infrastructure.jobs.exception.JobExecutionException:

failed to post interest for Savings with id 2 with message null

at
org.apache.fineract.portfolio.savings.service.SavingsSchedularServiceImpl.po
stInterestForAccounts(76)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(-2) at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(-1)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(-1) at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(-1)

at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(269)

at
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$Met
hodInvokingJob.executeInternal(322)

at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(112) at
org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(213)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(557)

Re: Fineract, Overdrawn Saving Account crashes further Debit/Credit and Job Post Interest for Savings

Posted by Louis Niyongabo <ln...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much.

Regards,

Louis

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Louis,

--
Thanks & Regards

Santosh Math

*QA Engineer*

*Conflux Technologies Pvt Ltd <http://www.confluxtechnologies.com/>*
| *Office*: +91-080-41208662 |

*Address*: #304, 2nd Floor, 7th Main Road, HRBR Layout 1st Block,
Bengaluru, Karnataka, 560043 INDIA

RE: Fineract, Overdrawn Saving Account crashes further Debit/Credit and Job Post Interest for Savings

"Post Interest for Savings" job debits the interest from overdrawn account
(based on interest defined for overdrawn account)   and credits interest to
the savings account (based  on the average daily balance  or daily balance) if the account is not overdrawn.

Do your operations require that savings account must have overdrawn feature as well as withdrawal fee? Do you charge withdrawal fee for overdrawn amount? Is it because of this you had to close culprit account and move the balance to new account rather than just reversing the overdrawn transaction?

​

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.
Hi Louis,

Posted by Santosh Math <sa...@confluxtechnologies.com>.