Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Mikael Hagstrom <mi...@hagstroem.net> on 2020/12/10 07:46:04 UTC

Could not read embedded OTF for font and TTF.loca unknown offset format

Hi,

I'm using PDFBox to extract text from PDF files. It works for most files but have an issue with one particular file.
I'm getting two errors.

1. o.a.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2 : Could not read embedded OTF for font CTQGJF+Arial-BoldMT
   2. java.io.IOException: Error:TTF.loca unknown offset format. at org.apache.fontbox.ttf.IndexToLocationTable.read(IndexToLocationTable.java:71)

There is two fonts embedded in the file. I get the same error for both fonts. These fonts are embedded asTTFrather thanOTF. There is also some text added in front of the font name that looks a bit random.
There is no issues opening the file in a PDF reader. Information from the PDF reader below.

Is there some way of dealing with these two errors?

Regards,

Mikael

Re: Could not read embedded OTF for font and TTF.loca unknown offset format

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 10.12.2020 um 08:46 schrieb Mikael Hagstrom:

> Hi,
>

> I'm using PDFBox to extract text from PDF files. It works for most
> files but have an issue with one particular file.
>

> I'm getting two errors.
>
>  1. |o.a.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2 : Could not read embedded
>     OTF for font CTQGJF+Arial-BoldMT|
>  2. |java.io.IOException: Error:TTF.loca unknown offset format. at
>     org.apache.fontbox.ttf.IndexToLocationTable.read(IndexToLocationTable.java:71)|

(2) should bring a number

Both mean that the font / the PDF is broken.

> There is two fonts embedded in the file. I get the same error for both
> fonts. These fonts are embedded as|TTF|rather than|OTF|. There is also
> some text added in front of the font name that looks a bit random.
>
> There is no issues opening the file in a PDF reader. Information from
> the PDF reader below.

Can you extract the text with Adobe?

Please share the file (upload to sharehoster) and tell what PDFBox
version you're using

Tilman