Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Raúl Lorenzo <ra...@altia.es> on 2008/02/22 11:19:12 UTC

Test TCP requests in application layer context

Hello,

Is there any way for probing with JMeter a application protocol over TCP?
For example:
I have a server which accepts xml messages, depending xml message´s
sequence server response with a different message so a communication
between a client and a server are stablished.

Client
                                                                Server

(starts communication)
sends MSG A
->                                                receive MSG A
receive response MSG A                                            <-
                                         response to MSG A
sends MSG B (according to response to MSG A)      ->
                         receive MSG B
receive MSG B
<-                                                   response to MSG B
(ends communication)

Other way is where simpliest that previous.

Client
                                                                Server

(starts communication)
sends MSG C
->                                                receive MSG C
receive response MSG C                                            <-
                                         response to MSG C
(ends communication)

Thanks in advance

--
Raúl Lorenzo Boullosa
Desarrollador Aplicaciones Informáticas

Altia Consultores S.L.
http://www.altia.es

C/Colón nº18, 3ºA
36201 Vigo (Pontevedra - España)
Telf: +34 986 446 191
Fax: +34 986 439 128
Email: raul.lorenzo@altia.es

Re: Test TCP requests in application layer context

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
The TCP Sampler may be what you want:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#TCP_Sampler