Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Je...@nlgroup.ca on 2001/12/18 21:40:20 UTC

Weblogic T3Connection Appender?

Greetings,
     I have only begun to look at log4j.   We are now using WLS5.1 and have a
small debug class that we use mostly for our JSP's.

     We are using Weblogic T3Services to send messages to another Weblogic
server.

     We use:
         private static T3ServicesDef getT3Services(String t3Target) throws
javax.naming.NamingException {
               T3ServicesDef t3s;
                Hashtable env = new Hashtable();
               env.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, t3Target);
                weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory.class.getName());
                Context ctx = new InitialContext(env);
                t3s = (T3ServicesDef) ctx.lookup("weblogic.common.T3Services");
               ctx.close();
                return(t3s);
     }

     Has anyone done anything similar but with Log4j?

     I would like to convince our team to go for log4j because ours is quite
primitive.  But they still would like to go with T3 for now, so that is why I am
asking.

     Thanks everyone.

Re: Weblogic T3Connection Appender?

Posted by Steve Ebersole <st...@austin.rr.com>.
We use WL 6.0.  We do essentially the same thing, but with JMS instead.  I
am looking at using log4j as the producer piece to our JMS logging.  Take a
look at the JMSAppender class.  If you choose do go this route, this class
will append messages to the JMS Topic defined on your target wlserver.
There is then a standard JMS message consumer in that same package
(org.apache.log4j.net) called JMSSink.  Or if the EJB2.0 patch is available
for your weblogic version, you can implement a MessageDriven EJB to be the
consumer.

Or you could even write a log4j Appender yourself which performs the
functionality you mention below.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>