Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aram Mirzadeh <aw...@qosina.com> on 1997/06/03 23:42:38 UTC

Netscape Bug

Anyone remember what the PR# of the netscape image problem was?  I'm running
1.2b11 and it seems to be showing up again.

I've only test v4pr3 but it seems to be all of them.

For a test:

	http://forcep.qosina.com/catalog.html

	Click on Any list, and then any part... the image on the
	bottom of the page doesn't show up unless you go back or
	hit reload.

Thanks.

<Aram>
--
/*
 * Aram Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corp. http://www.qosina.com/~awm/

Re: Netscape Bug

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
I'm totally fond of combind hex/ascii output something along these lines:

xxxxxxxx: hh hh hh hh hh hh hh hh  hh hh hh hh hh hh hh hh <aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa>

Where xxxxxxxx is the offset, hh are hex bytes, and aaaa are the ascii
representation (or . if !isprint).

An indication of start-of-data for tcp and udp packets would be nice so
that you don't have to calculate it by hand.

It's easy enough to do, I just never get around to it ;)  "netcat" sports
the "-o" option which is from a patch I wrote for the same functionality.

Dean

On Wed, 4 Jun 1997 Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it wrote:

> On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:
>
> > For bugs like this the best thing I find is using a tcpdump of full
> > packets and something like tcpshow <http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~daw/mike/>
> > to analyse the packets (I really wish tcpdump would just support a "dump
> > hex and ascii" option, despite the "password grabbing" possibilities).
>
> Tell me what you need and I'll drop you the source/binary; We've been
> hacking a lot on that one.
>
> Dw.
>
> > If you grab a dump:
> >
> > tcpdump -s 1576 -o output.file tcp port 80 and host client.host.name
> >
> > And send me the output.file I could look at it...
> >
> > Dean
> >
> > On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:
> >

> > > Anyone remember what the PR# of the netscape image problem was?  I'm running
> > > 1.2b11 and it seems to be showing up again.
> > >
> > > I've only test v4pr3 but it seems to be all of them.
> > >
> > > For a test:
> > >
> > > 	http://forcep.qosina.com/catalog.html
> > >
> > > 	Click on Any list, and then any part... the image on the
> > > 	bottom of the page doesn't show up unless you go back or
> > > 	hit reload.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > <Aram>
> > > --
> > > /*
> > >  * Aram Mirzadeh, MIS Manager, Qosina Corp. http://www.qosina.com/~awm/
> > >  * Apache Development Team, awm@hyperreal.com http://www.hyperreal.com/
> > >  * PGP Key - http://www.qosina.com/~awm/pgpkey.html
> > >  * BE 49 9D F6 2A A7 22 FC  02 E9 1E 3D F7 0C 67 A0
> > >  *
> > >  * I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.
> > >  */
> > >

> http://ewse.ceo.org                         http://enrm.ceo.org
> DWvGulik@Dialis.xs4all.nl                  Dirk.vanGulik@jrc.it
> +39 332 78 0014                                 +39 332 78 9549
>                                             fax +39 332 78 9185
>
> ISEI/ESBA;                     The Center For Earth Observation
> Joint Research Centre of the European Communities, Ispra, Italy

Re: Netscape Bug

Posted by Di...@jrc.it.

Re: Netscape Bug

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: Netscape Bug

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Aram Mirzadeh wrote:

> Anyone remember what the PR# of the netscape image problem was?  I'm running
> 1.2b11 and it seems to be showing up again.

If the headers are a certain length (~256 bytes?), Netscape doesn't read
the file properly.  Try adding a bflush after the headers are sent and see
if that fixes it...

It is entirely possible that there are other lengths that cause the same
thing...

> I've only test v4pr3 but it seems to be all of them.
>
> For a test:
>
> 	http://forcep.qosina.com/catalog.html
>
> 	Click on Any list, and then any part... the image on the
> 	bottom of the page doesn't show up unless you go back or
> 	hit reload.

I would if I could but I can't so I won't.  (access denied)