Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Pat Traynor <pa...@ssih.com> on 2011/10/27 16:27:06 UTC

Getting scores for non-spam

In the headers of messages that are not reported as spam, I get information
like this:

     SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS autolearn=no version=3.3.2

Is there an option that would allow me to see how each of these tests
affected the total score?  A way to see the individual scores of those
tests?

Thanks.

--pat--
--
Pat Traynor
pat@ssih.com

Re: Getting scores for non-spam

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 10/27/2011 10:27 AM, Pat Traynor wrote:
> In the headers of messages that are not reported as spam, I get information
> like this:

>      SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS autolearn=no version=3.3.2
>
> Is there an option that would allow me to see how each of these tests
> affected the total score?  A way to see the individual scores of those
> tests?

Add this line in your local.cf or user_prefs file:

add_header all Report _REPORT_

--
Bowie

Re: Getting scores for non-spam

Posted by Pat Traynor <pa...@ssih.com>.
Thanks all for the good info!

--pat--

Posted by Bowie Bailey <Bo...@BUC.com>.
On 10/27/2011 10:45 AM, darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> On 10/27, Pat Traynor wrote:
>> Is there an option that would allow me to see how each of these tests
>> affected the total score?  A way to see the individual scores of those
>> tests?
> You could also run the email through "spamassassin -t", if you just want a
> one time view of the tests on one email:
>
>         -t, --test-mode                   Pipe message through and add extra
>                                           report to the bottom
>
> - spamassassin-run man page.

Note that this will *always* claim the email is spam.  Ignore that and
look at the scores instead.

--
Bowie

Re: Getting scores for non-spam

Posted by da...@chaosreigns.com.
On 10/27, Pat Traynor wrote:
> Is there an option that would allow me to see how each of these tests
> affected the total score?  A way to see the individual scores of those
> tests?

You could also run the email through "spamassassin -t", if you just want a
one time view of the tests on one email:

        -t, --test-mode                   Pipe message through and add extra
                                          report to the bottom

- spamassassin-run man page.

persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.  Therefore all progress
depends on the unreasonable man." - George Bernard Shaw
http://www.ChaosReigns.com

Re: Getting scores for non-spam

Posted by Axb <ax...@gmail.com>.
On 2011-10-27 16:27, Pat Traynor wrote:
> In the headers of messages that are not reported as spam, I get information
> like this:

> SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS autolearn=no version=3.3.2
>
> Is there an option that would allow me to see how each of these tests
> affected the total score? A way to see the individual scores of those
> tests?

in local.cf add:
report Report = _REPORT_

if you don't like this see
http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.3.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssassin_Conf.txt

"TEMPLATE TAGS"

reload spamd/glue/whatever to activate change