Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Prathima Dandapani -X (pdandapa - HCL at Cisco)" <pd...@cisco.com> on 2008/09/17 08:06:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Make Apache dump core in windows.

Hi All,

          I am running Apache 2.2.9 as a service in windows.
         Can any help me in making Apache to dump core in some directory
before it crashes.
         Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Prathima.

Re: [users@httpd] Make Apache dump core in windows.

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 2:06 AM, Prathima Dandapani -X (pdandapa - HCL
at Cisco) <pd...@cisco.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>           I am running Apache 2.2.9 as a service in windows.
>          Can any help me in making Apache to dump core in some directory
> before it crashes.
>          Thanks in advance.
> Regards,
> Prathima.

You need to configure drwtsn32 and tell it to be your crash debugger
(drwtsn32 -i)

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Make Apache dump core in windows.

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, 2008-09-17 at 08:08 -0500, Jay Sprenkle wrote:
> André Warnier wrote:
> > Prathima Dandapani -X (pdandapa - HCL at Cisco) wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >>           I am running Apache 2.2.9 as a service in windows.
> >>          Can any help me in making Apache to dump core in some directory
> >> before it crashes.
> >>          Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Now that's kind of an unusual request.  Usually people here want
> > exactly the opposite.
> >
> > You could start by scanning the previous entries on this list, look
> > for the ones that complain about Apache dumping core, and try to
> > implement the exact opposite of the solutions indicated.
> > :-)
> uh... you don't get core dumps in windows. That's a unix thing.

Oh really?

http://wiki.zimbra.com/index.php?title=Creating_a_Core_Dump_from_a_Running_Process_using_WinDbg
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/Debugging/default.mspx

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Make Apache dump core in windows.