Posted to m2-dev@maven.apache.org by Mauro Botelho <ma...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/04 04:15:39 UTC

m2 plugins

I was looking at the mailing list archive and saw a message about an
eclipse plugin. Where could I find it? I looked in CVS but couldn't
find anything.

In a separate note, I was looking at JIRA for things that I could help
with and came across this issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-97

I tried to reproduce, but didn't get an error. I went into
maven-components/maven-core and typed m2 -r and didn't get a NPE. Was
this issue already fixed?

Mauro

Re: m2 plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Quoting Mauro Botelho <ma...@gmail.com>:

> Brett,
>
> I understand that m2 is in pre-alpha, that's why I'm offering to help ;)

No problem. Help is also very welcome on Maven 1.x and the concepts are the same
across both, just not the code :) It's possibly easier to get stuck into JIRA
issues there, and will help get familiar with the concepts of Maven all the same.

> I'm willing to do anything, from writing unit tests to actually code.

Probably best to pick up anything that has a JIRA issue, TODO in the code, or
add some test coverage.

It's hard to give much more direction for m2 because most of the tasks are
reasonable chunks of work that require some familiarity with the product.

In either case, create a JIRA issue if it is not there, indicate you are working
on it in a comment, and later attach a patch. If you think you're going to
change  or add anything that is not trivial, it's best to discuss it on this list.

> I have a day job, so I would be restricted to nights and weekends.

Absolutely, that's very common.

Cheers,
Brett

Re: m2 plugins

Posted by Mauro Botelho <ma...@gmail.com>.
Brett,

Re: m2 plugins

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Quoting Mauro Botelho <ma...@gmail.com>:

> I was looking at the mailing list archive and saw a message about an
> eclipse plugin. Where could I find it? I looked in CVS but couldn't
> find anything.

cvs.mojo.codehaus.org