Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Chee-Yang Chau <cy...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/24 13:54:55 UTC

Slow and randomly disconnected session when transfer large file to RDP session

Hi,

I enable shared drive for a rdp connection.  I can drag and drop a file
from my desktop to the guacamole session and it works very well.

Next, I try to transfer a larger file: about 500MB. I notice the transfer
speed is very slow.  The speed is about 10MB / second.  The testing is in a
a gigabit LAN network.

Next issue is I can barely success transferring the file of size 500MB.
The transfer will fail randomly and RDP session will be disconnected
without any reason.

Is there any setting I miss?

--
Best regards,
Chau Chee Yang

Re: Slow and randomly disconnected session when transfer large file to RDP session

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 8:55 AM Chee-Yang Chau <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I enable shared drive for a rdp connection.  I can drag and drop a file
> from my desktop to the guacamole session and it works very well.
>
> Next, I try to transfer a larger file: about 500MB. I notice the transfer
> speed is very slow.  The speed is about 10MB / second.  The testing is in a
> a gigabit LAN network.
>
> Next issue is I can barely success transferring the file of size 500MB.
> The transfer will fail randomly and RDP session will be disconnected
> without any reason.
>
> Is there any setting I miss?

I would check the resources of the various systems - the system you're
using the web browser on, the system Guacamole Client is running on, the
system guacd is running on, and the RDP server.  Look at CPU utilization,
memory usage, and network utilization and latency on all of these systems -
I suspect that you're exhausting resources somewhere along the way.

-Nick