Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Pavel Kirienko <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/29 13:00:39 UTC

Installing Debian package from ASF repo

Hi,

I failed to install the Debian package of Cassandra 1.2.7 from ASF
repository because of 404 error.
APT said:
http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian/pool/main/c/cassandra/cassandra_1.2.7_all.deb
404  Not Found [IP: 192.87.106.229 80]
http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian/pool/main/c/cassandra/cassandra_1.2.7_all.deb
404  Not Found [IP: 140.211.11.131 80]

The directory listing shows that there is no "cassandra_1.2.7_all.deb"
here: http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian/pool/main/c/cassandra/

Seems that I need to install it from .deb by hand, right? When 1.2.7 will
be available in the ASF or DataStax repository?

Thanks.
Pavel.

Re: Installing Debian package from ASF repo

Posted by Richard Low <ri...@wentnet.com>.
On 29 July 2013 12:00, Pavel Kirienko <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I failed to install the Debian package of Cassandra 1.2.7 from ASF
> repository because of 404 error.
> APT said:
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian/pool/main/c/cassandra/cassandra_1.2.7_all.deb 404  Not Found [IP: 192.87.106.229 80]
>
> http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian/pool/main/c/cassandra/cassandra_1.2.7_all.deb 404  Not Found [IP: 140.211.11.131 80]
>
> The directory listing shows that there is no "cassandra_1.2.7_all.deb"
> here: http://www.apache.org/dist/cassandra/debian/pool/main/c/cassandra/
>
> Seems that I need to install it from .deb by hand, right? When 1.2.7 will
> be available in the ASF or DataStax repository?

1.2.7 has been removed due to a regression - see the 1.2.8 release
announcement.  However, 1.2.8 debs have to be installed manually until
Sylvain is back.  You can find them at http://people.apache.org/~eevans/.

Richard.