Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by DO-DO <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/03/05 02:13:22 UTC

Need help in starting tomcat

HI:

I installed jdk1.3.0_02 on my windows 98 machine and
also i installed tomcat on my machine. I set the
JAVA_HOME evn variable to the installation directory
on jdk and TOMCAT_HOME at its installation directory.
When I enter Startup command it gives me this error
message instead of starting tomcat. Can anyone help
me.

C:\Jsp\jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1\bin>STARTUP
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Unable to set CLASSPATH dynamically.
Note: To set the CLASSPATH dynamically on Win9x
systems
      only DOS 8.3 names may be used in TOMCAT_HOME!
Setting your CLASSPATH statically.
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space
Out of environment space

Using CLASSPATH:

Starting Tomcat in new window
Bad command or file name

=====
Make Money while surfing on the web. http://www.alladvantage.com/go.asp?refid=hmy041 http://www.cashfiesta.com/php/join.php?ref=rashid73 http://www.paidforsurf.com/join.asp?refid=rashid73http://www.itadsup.com/members/signup.asp?ref=rashid73      http://www.gotoworld.com/getpaid/register/register.asp?rid=1044098756     http://www.MVALUE.com/register.asp?ReferralId=rashid73&BId=1

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Re: Need help in starting tomcat

Posted by Jim Rudnicki <jd...@pacbell.net>.
1. Go here
http://www.geocities.com/jdrudnicki/

2. Get JustGo

3. there is no step three...

Posted by dick <di...@javacatz.com>.
Just type the following:

c:\ COMMAND.COM /E:4096 /P

This would increase the memory for environment and hence to get you tomcat
start running!

Dick Poon