Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jia Yiyu <yy...@nowmediatech.com> on 2004/09/29 11:36:55 UTC

Problem occurs in the attachments samples together with Axis 1.1

Hi there,

I downloaded the Axis1.1 and tried to deploy and test the sample under
directory \samples\attachments. But I always get "null point" error message.
Then I try to import the "EchoAttachment.java" into JBiulder X 10 and
generated as Web service with Axis 1.1 as toolkit. I developed my own client
side applicaiton which call the service through stub classes. This time, I
got detailed error message, which tells me there is no serialize map record
in Axis. That is, the class DataHandler, which is the input parameter for
funciotn echo() an echoDir(), is not serializable. I can not believe this
because I think it is an obvious error.

So my question is this an error? If it is an error, where I can find a clear
sample code for delivering attachment in Axis? I have read doc under the
following url:
http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-user@xml.apache.org/msg20160.html . And I
successfully test it in JBuilder X 10 enviroment. But I doubt whether it is
a standard way to deliver attachments in Axis enviroment.

Thanks in advance!

	Jia YIyu