Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2006/04/27 20:14:39 UTC

[Axis2] offline mode

Folks,

Switched back the default build to pick up dependencies from maven
repo's just as we did before.

However, support is still there for the offline more. To switch it on
the steps are as follows:

#1: Run "maven create-lib" from the root directory. All dependencies
are downloaded to target/lib/ directory.
#2: Copy all the jars to lib/ directory under root.
#3: edit etc/project.properties and set "maven.jar.override" to "on"
(or you can set MAVEN_OPTS or you can drop a properties file in our
user home)

Then run your maven commands as usual. The build will pick up jars
from the lib/ directory. Note that this is especially useful for the
src dist as if we include all the jars in the dist zip, then the users
don't have to hunt repos for jars.

thanks,
dims

Re: [Axis2] offline mode

Posted by wang pengchao <al...@gmail.com>.
Hello folks, I'm a newbie to here.
I just wonder why not just simply use 'maven -o' to take the build offline?

Cheers

Alex

Re: [Axis2] offline mode

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.