Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by lisa winter <li...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/01 20:02:17 UTC

Open Office Draw Documents

04/01/2020
Technical Support

RE:  Problems with a Draw Document or Documents

To whom it may concern:

Hello, I am contacting you today because I have been using Apache Open Office for multiple years now and have always loved it.  I also have used Microsoft Office Pro for years and I have to say that I have enjoyed the options and functionality of Apache more. Although for several months now as I am working on my Open Office Draw documents they will just close on me at random.  It is at different time intervals.  Sometimes and hour, sometimes two, it is always different.  And a lot of the time I will lose work that I spent a lot of time on.  And a weird thing about that is that you know at random it will save the document while your using it.  Well when it shuts down on me, even though it had went through the process of saving it automatically , when I reopen it the progress is not there.

Now in the last two days it is worse, I am only on the document for minutes and it is shutting down on me.  I have searched forums, asked several questions, and still have not gotten any correct answers to my problem.  I am contacting you directly because I have seen other people who have the same issue, and basically I am freaking out, and this shutting down stuff is interfering with me moving forward on my work.. I do not want to have to work with any other program at this point, but I will have to do so if I cannot figure this out.

I am thinking maybe it is because I have added to many slides to a file, or too many different fonts, I do not know.  Those reasons don’t seem correct and I hope we can come to a conclusion.  Please Please will you help me.
Feel free to call me at 503.200.8722.

You will not only be helping me, but I will post the answer or I am sure you will also, but this will help multiple other community members.  It will make thousands of people very happy, and will keep them as devoted users of this software.

Thank you so much for taking a look at this problem.

Sincerely,

Lisa Winter
Lisawinter8585@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>
503.200.8722

Re: Open Office Draw Documents

Posted by Wade Smart <wa...@gmail.com>.
Stan - this public group is your "tech support".
But my point is - it is not actual support, it is a public
group and in saying that, dont share private info and
do not assume anyone will help. Though thankfully
there are tons of awesome people who do!
--
Registered Linux User: #480675
Registered Linux Machine: #408606

Posted by Stan Hendryx <st...@hendryxassoc.com>.