Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by solo turn <so...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/09 18:46:02 UTC

windows nt4 sp6 bluescreen on "svn cleanup"

did anybody of you experience a bluescreen on windows nt4, sp6, when doing a "svn cleanup" with a
large working copy? we had it a few times, but did not (yet) track it down. we just thought, that
maybe enourmuous file reads, renames and writes on working copy are just overloading poor windows
(as the runtime of a cleanup, checkout on windows nt, w2k, wxp is around 5-10 times as high as on
linux reiserfs, similar hardware).

client was 0.3x, and 1.0 from tigris.org.

Re: windows nt4 sp6 bluescreen on "svn cleanup"

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@shadyvale.net>.
solo turn wrote:
> did anybody of you experience a bluescreen on windows nt4, sp6, when doing a "svn cleanup" with a
> large working copy? we had it a few times, but did not (yet) track it down. we just thought, that
> maybe enourmuous file reads, renames and writes on working copy are just overloading poor windows
> (as the runtime of a cleanup, checkout on windows nt, w2k, wxp is around 5-10 times as high as on
> linux reiserfs, similar hardware).
>
> client was 0.3x, and 1.0 from tigris.org.

No standard application (which Subversion is) has the ability to do
this.  You have a hardware problem or a driver/priveledged-software
problem.  Heavy Subversion usage may be triggering the bad hardware/driver.

DJ