Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/11 22:37:03 UTC

wicket.properties in src/main/java

We have a wicket.properties file inside src/main/java which is
filtered to contain the version number.

Its existence has been discussed earlier, but now I (think I) changed
my mind on this file.

I wish to remove it, as the resources parts are not inherited by
maven's build section across projects: the wicket pom overwrites the
wicket-parent pom settings.

I wish to minimize the scaffolding in our pom's to get them as lean as possible.

Anyone object to removing the wicket.properties file?

It also contains the initializer property. Is that still necessary?

Martijn

--
for <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/stuff/wicket">Wicket</a>
at the <a href="http://www.thebeststuffintheworld.com/">Best Stuff in

Re: wicket.properties in src/main/java

Posted by Gwyn Evans <gw...@gmail.com>.
There'd be a problem accessing the version in the MANIFEST.MF if
you're not running Wicket from a Jar, but no problem with, that I'm
aware of.  The implementation in Settings.getVersion() calls
getImplementationVersion() on the Package, which afaik, works fine.

/Gwyn

--
Download Wicket 1.2.3 now! - http://wicketframework.org

Re: wicket.properties in src/main/java