Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/04 00:01:39 UTC

Re: Could not configure Monitor Results Listener for working with apache2 web-server installed on Ubuntu server

On 03/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>   I have Ubuntu server with installed and run apache 2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL
>  5.x.
>   Apache2 server is working good and I can get access to web-application
>   written on PHP located in the server's root directory from remote client
>   PC.

Can you access the status servlet?

Does it generate XML in the same format as the Tomcat status servlet?

>   So, there is a jmeter installed on my remote client PC. I've created a
>  test
>   plan with jmeter and added the Monitor Results listener.

Did you set "Use as Monitor" on the sampler?

>   I expected that the Monitor Results screen in jmeter will be contain
>   information about my Ubuntu remote server and it's perfomance, but there
>  is
>   nothing - there is no any servers in Monitor Results servers tree from
>   Perfomance tab, but the test was comleted successfully at the same time.
>
>   What does that mean?

Probably that the status output is not compatible.

> How can I see information about load and perfomance of my Ubuntu server? What shall I have to do?

Use the standard admin tools provided with Ubuntu?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 04/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>  Thanks a lot for the aswer.
>  Now I need some clarifications.
>  My comments&questions are under during the text.
>
>  2009/3/4 sebb <se...@gmail.com>
>

>  > On 03/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > > Hello!
>  > >
>  > >   I have Ubuntu server with installed and run apache 2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL
>  > >  5.x.
>  > >   Apache2 server is working good and I can get access to web-application
>  > >   written on PHP located in the server's root directory from remote
>  > client
>  > >   PC.
>  >
>  > Can you access the status servlet?
>  >
>  > Does it generate XML in the same format as the Tomcat status servlet?
>

> *How can I install the required status servlet on the apache2 web-server?

That's a question about the Apache web server. Check the documentation
to see if there is a status servlet. If that works, fine, if not,
please ask on the httpd user list.

>  Where can I download it?

If it exists, it will be on the Apache web server site -
http://httpd.apache.org/

> How can I check the installation completed successfully?*

Read the Apache httpd documentation and check if you get the output you want.

Posted by Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

2009/3/4 sebb <se...@gmail.com>

> On 03/03/2009, Ivan Usik <us...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> >   I have Ubuntu server with installed and run apache 2.x, PHP 5.x, MySQL
> >  5.x.
> >   Apache2 server is working good and I can get access to web-application
> >   written on PHP located in the server's root directory from remote
> client
> >   PC.
>
> Can you access the status servlet?
>
> Does it generate XML in the same format as the Tomcat status servlet?

*How can I install the required status servlet on the apache2 web-server?
Where can I download it? How can I check the installation completed
successfully?*

> >   So, there is a jmeter installed on my remote client PC. I've created a
> >  test
> >   plan with jmeter and added the Monitor Results listener.
>
> Did you set "Use as Monitor" on the sampler?

*Yes. I checked this option on every sampler in my Test Plan.*

> >   I expected that the Monitor Results screen in jmeter will be contain
> >   information about my Ubuntu remote server and it's perfomance, but
> there
> >  is
> >   nothing - there is no any servers in Monitor Results servers tree from
> >   Perfomance tab, but the test was comleted successfully at the same
> time.
> >
> >   What does that mean?
>
> Probably that the status output is not compatible.
>
> > How can I see information about load and perfomance of my Ubuntu server?
> What shall I have to do?
>
> Use the standard admin tools provided with Ubuntu?

* The standard admin tools is not comfortable for use to save the results
after testing. *

> >  --
> >  Sincerely!
> >          Ivan Usik