Posted to dev@nlpcraft.apache.org by Aaron Radzinski <ar...@apache.org> on 2021/03/15 22:22:21 UTC

Naming intent DSL

NLPCraft-ers,
I would like to propose to name our DSL with a dedicated name vs. just a
"intent DSL" or "synonym DSL" as we are doing right now. As this DSL
becomes more sophisticated and more functional it is becoming a central
part of NLPCraft and hence deserves a better "branding". It will also help
to have a shorter, memorable name in conversations when talking about
NLPCraft and how it works.

I'll throw in some of the names that I find suitable to begin but I'll
appreciate the feedback on the idea overall and some name proposals, if you
agree.

Proposed names for Intent DSL:
- "Lingo" language
- "Lingvo" language
- "Craftling" language
- "NLPcraft" language(why not the same name?)
- "Onto" language
- "Chatter" language
- "Tokn" language (play on "token" word)
- "Lesk" language (after Lesk Algorithm)
- "Lexr" language (play on "lexer" word)
- "Textr" language (play on "text" word)
- "IDL" language (Intent Definition Language)
- "Lemma" language

Thoughts, ideas?
--
Aaron Radzinski

Re: Naming intent DSL

Posted by Aaron Radzinski <ar...@datalingvo.com>.
Ok, unless anyone objects we'll go with "NLPCraft IDL" as the name for
Intent/Synonym DSL.

Thank you!
--
Aaron Radzinski