Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/26 19:16:28 UTC

Configure line endings for editor

Hi,

we actually have an issue with development splitted between linux and
windows based on the native line ending selection for new files.

There once was a plugin
http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/36810/show-and-change-line-endings

from Jan Lahoda, allowing to change the line endings used for editing.

@Jan, do you still have the sources (seems the project was hosted on kenai)
and would you be willing to donate them? I think this might be a good
addition for Apache NetBeans

Comments?

-Sven

Re: Configure line endings for editor

Posted by Ernie Rael <er...@raelity.com>.
I use cygwin on Win7. The CR causes problem with some tools.

I still use Jan's tool, the old bits still work; it's cool to be able to
see with a glance the line endings. (and I need to remember to file a
bug report for that file that gets changed simply by opening the project
:-) )

And SCM settings are a backstop to protect the repository.

-ernie

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
http://timboudreau.com

Re: Configure line endings for editor

Posted by Jan Lahoda <la...@gmail.com>.
While I broadly agree with Tim that this is normally solved at the VCS
level, there is probably no good reason why this couldn't be contributed:
https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/2049

(please let Geertjan review&approve.)

Jan