Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/10/03 06:18:32 UTC

Re: contrail virtual network controller

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:18:29AM -0700, Pedro Roque Marques wrote:

> We have an integration test which requires spawning a "mysql" db,
> initialize it and then go through the process of creating a zone,
> etc.  This allows us to test the plugin against the API. The
> drawback is that this test takes a bit to spawn the mysql db...
> Does anyone have a recipe to run against an in-memory database for
> testing purposes ?

Does the mysqldb contain fixture data from when contrail is deployed
on a cloudstack cloud? I presume then the integration test can run
without the contrail device added to cloudstack?

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: contrail virtual network controller

Posted by Pedro Roque Marques <pe...@gmail.com>.
Prasana,

On Oct 2, 2013, at 9:18 PM, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 10:18:29AM -0700, Pedro Roque Marques wrote:
>>
>> We have an integration test which requires spawning a "mysql" db,
>> initialize it and then go through the process of creating a zone,
>> etc.  This allows us to test the plugin against the API. The
>> drawback is that this test takes a bit to spawn the mysql db...
>> Does anyone have a recipe to run against an in-memory database for
>> testing purposes ?
>>

> Does the mysqldb contain fixture data from when contrail is deployed
> on a cloudstack cloud? I presume then the integration test can run
> without the contrail device added to cloudstack?

mysql is required for the *Dao objects necessary to simulate zone create, physical network and guest  network creation. The contrail API server is being mocked.