Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Feite Brekeveld <f....@osiris-it.nl> on 2003/03/02 14:47:12 UTC

How to figure out with what options a mod_perl is built

Hi,

Is there a way, like PHP has <?php phpinfo(); ?>  , to figure out with
what options a standard  linux distribution mod_perl is built ?

I would like to know if it was built with EVERYTHING=1 or if
PERL_CHILD_INIT=1

Thanks,

Feite Brekeveld

Re: How to figure out with what options a mod_perl is built

Posted by Richard Clarke <ri...@likewhoa.com>.
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way, like PHP has <?php phpinfo(); ?>  , to figure out with
> what options a standard  linux distribution mod_perl is built ?
>
> I would like to know if it was built with EVERYTHING=1 or if
> PERL_CHILD_INIT=1

http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/install.html#Discovering_Whether_Some_
Option_Was_Configured

perl -MApache::MyConfig -e 'print $Apache::MyConfig::Setup{PERL_CHILD_INIT}'

The manual also suggests this,

If you are faced with a compiled Apache and no trace of the parameters used
to build it, you can usually still find them if the sources were not make
clean'd. You will find the Apache specific parameters in
apache_1.3.xx/config.status and the mod_perl parameters in
mod_perl-1.xx/apaci/mod_perl.config.

Though personally the mod_perl.config file doesn't exist for me.

I've never needed to do this so I'm only regurgitating the search results of
http://perl.apache.org/search/swish.cgi?query=build+options&sbm=&submit=sear
ch

Ric.

Re: How to figure out with what options a mod_perl is built

Posted by Ilya Martynov <il...@martynov.org>.

FB> Hi,
FB> Is there a way, like PHP has <?php phpinfo(); ?>  , to figure out with
FB> what options a standard  linux distribution mod_perl is built ?

FB> I would like to know if it was built with EVERYTHING=1 or if
FB> PERL_CHILD_INIT=1

You can use Apache::Status. See its perldoc for details.

--
Ilya Martynov,  ilya@iponweb.net
CTO IPonWEB (UK) Ltd