Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/15 21:05:39 UTC

Re: Clarify how to use locally built platform with maven

If you mean, have a multi-module parent pom, and some way to run a module
and have all its dependencies be found and included... as far as I know,
there is simply no good way to do that with the nbm-maven-plugin - it is a
glaring feature gap.

The (painful) workaround is to create an nbm-application project, that
depends on everything you need, and build and run that (which means
rebuilding the entire application structure every time you want to run,
which can take several minutes).  Here's an example of that (see the pom
and the shell scripts in this dir):

https://github.com/timboudreau/ANTLR4-Plugins-for-NetBeans/tree/master/antlr-suite

I've thought about writing a patch for the nbm plugin to do the right thing
- build the application structure in the project's target/ dir, find all
dependencies that can be resolved as projects in the reactor and only
update those that have changed - but I've only got about 2000 other things
I need to get done in front of that :-/

-Tim

RE: Re: Clarify how to use locally built platform with maven

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Dimitry,

I personally setup  an Apache Archiva (can be done with nexus or others)  that cache maven central and others repository(need configuration).

Other idea
You build your application using RELEASE112, all the bits needed will go to your local repo.
Once stable you can edit settings.xml and  put <offline>true</offline> so maven will not try to go to internet.
Only when you add a dependency you need a connection to download a missing one and put false to offline.

It's possible to change the way we detect NetBeans artefacts but that needs coding with a new algorithm that IMHO will be insecure (org.netbeans.clusters:platform are known that us,  my.company.clusters:platform may be a dangerous software that is build with artefatcs to mimic NetBeans)

Regards
Eric

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric,

http://timboudreau.com

Re: Clarify how to use locally built platform with maven

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.

http://timboudreau.com

Re: Clarify how to use locally built platform with maven

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Neffenger <jo...@status6.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.
I did do that - there's a button to re-index maven repos afair. I'll try
again from scratch tomorrow.

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
http://timboudreau.com

Re: Clarify how to use locally built platform with maven

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tim Boudreau <ni...@gmail.com>.

--
http://timboudreau.com

Re: Clarify how to use locally built platform with maven

Posted by Dmitry Avtonomov <dm...@gmail.com>.