Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS...@vinu.edu on 2003/10/09 21:41:19 UTC

Help root context problem!!!

I'm having caching problems with Tomcat. Here's what I'm trying to do. I
have an app under the mapping of /PageWorks. In the context I have a
index.jsp that does a jsp:forward to a servlet that handles the request.
So to access the app you have to type http://myserver/PageWorks and it
works. But, I want user to be able to type http://myserver and the
/PageWorks/index.jsp with respond. So to do this I change the context in
the server.xml file to point to PageWorks instead of ROOT. This also
worked like I wanted, but the index.jsp is loaded from the /PageWorks app
once. Then from there on it sends the old content every time. The servlet
that this jsp is forwarding to changes and so does the jsp, but the
http://myserver always returns the old. If you access the servlet or jsp
using there full http://myserver/PageWorks path you get the new content
every time. I've tried all the client side cache tricks, but I know for
sure it's the server that's caching it. How can I get this to stop?

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center