Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Shervin Asgari <sh...@webstep.no> on 2014/07/15 12:42:20 UTC

Debugging all events in Flash?

Hi.

Is there a way to debug all events which are fired from Flex?
Perhaps there is a way to filter the events by package or something
similar? I would think there would be tons of events being fired all the
time, which would be very verbose.

Shervin

Re: Debugging all events in Flash?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>  google you can also manage to have the advanced telemetry  that Adobe Scouts needs

Apache Flex supports the advanced telemetry option out of the box just add "-advanced-telemetry=true -debug=false" to your compiler options.

Justin

Re: Debugging all events in Flash?

Posted by Shervin Asgari <sh...@webstep.no>.
Thanks

I will give scout a try.

Shervin

Posted by Miguel Ferreira <mi...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Yes, there are lots of events in a Flex app.  There is an undocumented
hook for UIComponents.  It won't hook player-dispatched events like mouse
events, but does anywhere Flex code calls dispatchEvent on a UIComponent.
You can hook almost all mouse events via a high-priority capture phase
listener.

-Alex