Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by # Lalit Nagpal # <la...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/07 16:09:16 UTC

uploading status to a user

hye

i am using oreilly classes (MultipartRequest class)
provided by jason hunter. Is it possible for me to
show to the user who is uploading file to my server
the upload status (progress bar etc, anything). I just
do not want the user to feel that the upload is not
working and cancel the submit operation. plz help and
thanx a lot

bye

=====
# Lalit Nagpal #

RE: uploading status to a user

Posted by Jay Gardner <gj...@qwest.net>.
This is just an idea. Could you create an animated gif that indicates that a
download is happening. When the user requests the upload, flush the image to
the screen and then when the upload is complete use javascript to swap out
the image with another image saying that the upload is complete or redirect
to another page. I am sure there are many good ways to do this.

--JG