Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brice Copy <br...@cern.ch> on 2003/12/10 18:26:07 UTC

MavenTagLibrary class not found

Hello,

I downloaded and installed Maven 1.0rc1, then created a dummy project
following the project descriptor in the user guide.
When I try to attain simple goals like "java:compile", I get the
following exception stack :

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.project.MavenTagLibrary
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.createTag(XMLParser.java:1039)
        at
org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.startElement(XMLParser.java:647)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
Source)
(...)

I'm able however to generate javadoc or even run
"java:prepare-filesystem" without any problems.

Any ideas where I should start looking ?
Sorry if it's a given, I searched the mailing list and couldn't find
anything related.

Any hints welcome,

Brice

Re: MavenTagLibrary class not found

Posted by Brice Copy <br...@cern.ch>.
Tim Chen wrote:

> I just did the same thing and didnt receive any errors.
> Are you sure you're using a clean copy of Maven? (Make sure to blow
> out the .maven directory as well in your user.home directory

Thanks, I remove the .maven directory from my user home and it works !

Posted by Tim Chen <tc...@tampabay.rr.com>.
I just did the same thing and didnt receive any errors.
Are you sure you're using a clean copy of Maven? (Make sure to blow out
the .maven directory as well in your user.home directory
-Tim

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 13:10, Brice Copy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I launched : maven genapp
>
> Chose all the default inputs and got the project.xml,
> projects.properties and sample java. Everything seemed okay to me.
>
> Then launched :  maven java:compile
>
> I got the exact same result.
> Where can I expect to find :
>
> org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.project.MavenTagLibrary
>
> How can the other goal work if a class as crucial as this is really
> missing ?
>
> I tried a complete reinstall of Maven, but I get the same result again

Then there is problem somewhere. I'll try the genapp plugin myself, and
will add a test.

> Thanks
>
> Brice
>

> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> >>I'm able however to generate javadoc or even run
> >>"java:prepare-filesystem" without any problems.
> >>
> >>Any ideas where I should start looking ?
> >>Sorry if it's a given, I searched the mailing list and couldn't find
> >>anything related.
> >>
> >>Any hints welcome,
> >>

> >Did you use the genapp process as described in the user guide. If not,
> >do that before asking more questions. The genapp stuff should produce
> >for you a fully working project for browsing.
> >

> >On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 12:26, Brice Copy wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>I downloaded and installed Maven 1.0rc1, then created a dummy project
> >>following the project descriptor in the user guide.
> >>When I try to attain simple goals like "java:compile", I get the
> >>following exception stack :
> >>
> >>java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> >>org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.project.MavenTagLibrary
> >>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
> >>        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> >>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
> >>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262)
> >>        at
> >>org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.createTag(XMLParser.java:1039)
> >>        at
> >>org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.startElement(XMLParser.java:647)
> >>        at
> >>org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
> >>        at
> >>org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
> >>Source)
> >>        at
> >>org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
> >>Source)
> >>(...)

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: MavenTagLibrary class not found

Posted by Brice Copy <br...@cern.ch>.
Hi,

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 12:26, Brice Copy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I downloaded and installed Maven 1.0rc1, then created a dummy project
> following the project descriptor in the user guide.
> When I try to attain simple goals like "java:compile", I get the
> following exception stack :
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.maven.jelly.tags.project.MavenTagLibrary
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.createTag(XMLParser.java:1039)
>         at
> org.apache.commons.jelly.parser.XMLParser.startElement(XMLParser.java:647)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
> Source)
>         at
> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown
> Source)
> (...)
>
> I'm able however to generate javadoc or even run
> "java:prepare-filesystem" without any problems.
>
> Any ideas where I should start looking ?
> Sorry if it's a given, I searched the mailing list and couldn't find
> anything related.
>
> Any hints welcome,

Did you use the genapp process as described in the user guide. If not,
do that before asking more questions. The genapp stuff should produce
for you a fully working project for browsing.

> Brice

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com