Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/18 22:57:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC1

Hello Everyone,

This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC1. This is the next
minor release of Phoenix 4, compatible with Apache HBase 1.3, 1.4, &
1.5. The release includes both a source-only release and a convenience
binary release for each supported HBase version.

This release has feature parity with supported HBase versions and includes
the following improvements:
- Support for multi-region SYSTEM.CATALOG
- Omid integration with Phoenix
- Orphan view tool
- Separation of the Phoenix-Connectors and Phoenix-Queryserver projects
- 150+ bug fixes
and much more

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.3-rc1/src/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.4-rc1/src/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.5-rc1/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.3-rc1/bin/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.4-rc1/bin/
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/apache-phoenix-4.15.0-HBase-1.5-rc1/bin/

For a complete list of changes, see:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315120&version=12343162

Artifacts are signed with my "CODE SIGNING KEY":
7C5FC713DE4C59D7

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted upon:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=a9491b4339ceef1c09922c752147fd97068039cd
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.15.0-HBase-1.3-rc1

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=f95b1937af1a525c2bf49e0a50bf73fce09a5314
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.15.0-HBase-1.4-rc1

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=commit;h=241a3284cf9128a08d0db49d07c2cfecceeada06
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.15.0-HBase-1.5-rc1

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,
The Apache Phoenix Team

--
Chinmay Kulkarni

Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Phoenix 4.15.0 RC1

Posted by "larsh@apache.org" <la...@apache.org>.
 Yeah, we need to sink RC1 as well. To be complete, here's my updated vote on RC1: -1 (binding)

The good news is that I fixed PHOENIX-5584, so we can spin an RC2 immediately.
-- Lars

    On Monday, November 25, 2019, 10:23:27 AM PST, Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

 After some more discussions on PHOENIX-5584, it’s confirmed that there is
definitely a backwards compatibility problem. I will spin up an RC2 after
we resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Chinmay

Posted by Chinmay Kulkarni <ch...@gmail.com>.