Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Celeste Haseltine <CH...@unifocus.com> on 2003/10/31 20:13:58 UTC

RE: Can I use Stored Procedure to return a result set for use in Jets peed

Scott,

Thank you for the information. I figured that I did not have to use Torque,
but I wanted to verify that.

As to the authentication standard, I most likely will have to use what is
currently in the client's database, which I don't yet have a very good
understanding of.  I just know that it is a very complex combination of
log-in authorization and security codes contained in several tables that
determine what data can be accessed and viewed by whom, both internal and
external.  We will start fleshing out our design next week, so I will have a
better understanding of our login mechanism in the next week or two.  I
would be interested in seeing your code, and using it if it fits our needs
if I have your permission.  Like most clients today, this one waited until
last week to bring someone on board for this project (me), and they want a
first release of the portal rolled out to the web by Jan 15.  They have a
staff of two people, both of whom are VB 6.0 developers with no OO
background, that I am suppose to retrain into J2EE developers while we are
coding.  So as you can imagine, I am really going to be under the gun on
this project.

Thank you again Scott, and I look forward to seeing your security event
pipeline code.

Celeste Haseltine, PE

Posted by Krish Chandra <kr...@ERC.MsState.Edu>.
I am getting the following error when trying to load a jsp page with a
JetspeedPortletTag
jsp/checklogin.jsp(45,9) Unable to load class
org.apache.jetspeed.services.jsp.tags.JetspeedPortletTag
any ideas why this may be happening?
thanks
-Krish

Re: Portlet Forwarding

Posted by Sloan Bowman <sm...@nashlinux.com>.
Have you tried using the setTemplate method to change the template. I
use this in almost all of my Velocity template based portlets. Let me
know if you need an example.

--Sloan

On Nov 3, 2003, at 10:57 AM, Amin Lalji wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a portlet that is used to do some data entry...
> When the user has successfully entered data (passes validation)
> I would like to replace the contents of the current portlet with
> a portlet indicating success... (preserving the other tabs,etc.)
>
> I have deployed the "Success" velocity template as a portlet in the
> registry (name= "AddInfoSuccess").
>
> I have tried setting up the forward service to forward after successful
> data entry, but it does not work...it requires the portlet id... I only
> know the portlet name...
>

> portlets.xreg
>
> <portlet-entry name="AddInfoSuccess" hidden="false" type="ref"
> parent="Velocity" application="false">
> 			<title>Successfully added Information</title>
> 			<description>Add Information Success
> Message</description>
> 		<parameter name="template" value="add-info-success"
> hidden="true"/>
>  		<media-type ref="html"/>
> 	</portlet-entry>
>
> forwards.xml:
> <forward name='AddInfoSuccess'>
>         <page name='default'/>
>         <portlet id='myPortlet' action='controls.Maximize'/>
>     </forward>
>
> <portlet-forward portlet='AddInfoForward' forward='AddSInfoSuccess'
> target='Success'/>
>
> Java Code in Action:
>
> ForwardService fs =
> (ForwardService)ServiceUtil.getServiceByName(ForwardService.SERVICE_NAM
> );
>
> fs.forward(data, "AddInfoForward","Success");
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Amin

---------------------------
Sloan Bowman
www.nashlinux.com
www.q3networks.com
www.aboutgoodlettsville.com
www.spudibby.com

Portlet Forwarding

Posted by Amin Lalji <am...@globalenviro.com>.
Hello,

[...]

(ForwardService)ServiceUtil.getServiceByName(ForwardService.SERVICE_NAME
);