Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by jose luis sanchez <jo...@yahoo.es> on 2009/08/19 16:14:52 UTC

2 Tapestry apps in same tomcat

Hi all.
I've developed two diffent T5 apps ( T5.1.0.5), and have them deployed
in the same tomcat server.

My question is :

Will there be any improvements ( speed, memory consuming ) if i share T5
libs between them both ? ( in tomcat/lib folder )

Thanks.

Re: 2 Tapestry apps in same tomcat

Posted by Sebastian Hennebrueder <us...@laliluna.de>.
jose luis sanchez schrieb:
> Hi all.
> I've developed two diffent T5 apps ( T5.1.0.5), and have them deployed
> in the same tomcat server.
>
> My question is :
>
> Will there be any improvements ( speed, memory consuming ) if i share T5
> libs between them both ? ( in tomcat/lib folder )
>
> Thanks.

There will be more memory consumption and it could kill your application
server but probably only if you deploy to a small embedded device. For
example a chip inside of your pen. ;-)

For most other use cases the memory consumption is not relevant.

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de