Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by jan i <ja...@apache.org> on 2015/05/15 17:52:22 UTC

64bit port.

Hi.

I finally got all the libraries we need to compile in 32bit and 64bit, so
now I can continue.

I have made all the sources (with setup) available
http://people.apache.org/~jani/corinthia_winLibs_source.zip

And a set (32/64 bit) ready for download
http://people.apache.org/~jani/corinthia_winlibs.zip

I will now integrate them and test them in my work branch, then merge them
to master and
write new windows build instructions.

rgds
jan i.

Re: 64bit port.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 15 May 2015 at 18:12, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:

> Awesome :)
>
> I actually ran into a 64 bit-related problem today as I was trying to
> build the Qt UI on windows, and realised I’d installed the 64 bit version
> of Qt whereas the rest of the code was 32-bit, and thus VS refused to link
> against it.

I had the same issue a while ago, thus my detour.

> I’m just making some time now to hopefully get a bit more into
> development, and I want to focus on getting the Qt app into a state where
> people can easily come in and contribute to it. I think UI work will be a
> nice attractive thing for new (and existing!) developers and will finally
> let us have an end-user app where we can show off something interesting.

Be aware that I can changes to a number of places in the code, to make it
compile with 64bit, mostly casting issues.

> I was going to wait until I’d done some more testing with Windows but I’ve
> pushed my fixes for Qt/Linux building now. All that required changing in
> the CMake config was to remove the hard-coded paths; if the qt bin
> directory is in your path then CMake will use one of the programs in there
> (qtdiag?) to figure out the include/lib paths. Once I did that on my Mac I
> found that I could build on both OS X and Linux (a couple of minor source
> changes were also required for the latter).

I expect to commit my changes this weekend.

> Once you’ve got your cmake changes committed, we should be good to enable
> the qt build by default. I’ve got build instructions for Linux now which
> I’m about to post to the wiki.

Agreed.

We do need to keep that component optional, due to the Qt license.

> Is there an Apache-official place where we can host the binaries, other
> than your home directory on people.? The latter is probably sufficient for
> the time being at least.

There are something called "apache extra" but that is floating right now,
so let us do what many projects does, use the homedir.

rgds
jan I.

Re: 64bit port.

Posted by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org>.