Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com> on 2001/04/11 00:54:24 UTC

Instantiating Beans on Tomcat

I am trying to instantiate a very simple bean on Tomcat in a JSP using the
directive...

<jsp:useBean id="sessionBean" scope="session" class="InfoBean" />

Everytime I try to run it, I get the following exception...

javax.servlet.ServletException:  Cannot create bean of class InfoBean

Any idea why this is happening, my java code doesn't have anything in it
yet, I just want to test it so that the bean will work, here is what I have
in the java in case I have that wrong...

public class InfoBean {
  private String sample = "Sample";

  public InfoBean() {
			  }//end constructor

  public String getSample() {
    return sample;
  }
  public void setSample(String newSample) {
    sample = newSample;
  }
}

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong, could this be due to some session
settings in Tomcat?

Thanks!

Brandon

RE: Instantiating Beans on Tomcat

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
Yeah, there must be something I'm missing, maybe there's some setting in
tomcat which allows me to use beans or something, but I can't find where
that would be.

Brandon

I was getting those but it was because my bean didn't have a constructor
that took no args but it looks like yours does...

Not sure...

Hunter

Posted by Hunter Hillegas <li...@lastonepicked.com>.