Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/12 01:34:39 UTC

Macros in Grunt?

/* Filter emails according to existence of header pairs: [from, to, cc,
bcc, reply_to]
Then project the header part, message_id and subject, and emit them,
lowercased. */
DEFINE headers_messages(email, col) RETURNS set {
  filtered = FILTER $email BY ($col IS NOT NULL);
  flat = FOREACH filtered GENERATE FLATTEN($col) AS $col, message_id,
subject;
  $set = FOREACH flat GENERATE LOWER($col) AS address, message_id, subject;
}

This works when I run the script from bash, but fails in Grunt.  Does Grunt
support macros?

--
Russell Jurney twitter.com/rjurney russell.jurney@gmail.com datasyndrome.com

Re: Macros in Grunt?

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.
No, Grunt does not support macros.  Macros depend on a pre-processor which Grunt does not run.

Alan.