Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Chris <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2016/07/21 15:58:48 UTC

Re: Outlook

Dan Kusel <dankusel <at> rogers.com> writes:

> I currently use Microsoft Office and would like to try Open Office. I
did no
> see anything about an equivalent of Outlook for my e-mail. Does the
product
> have this functionality?
>
> Dan Kusel, Financial Planner
>
> (905) 482-8651
>
> check us out at:
>
> http://www.tannerfinancial.ca/
>
> P please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.
>
> Private & Confidential intended for the named recipient(s) only. If
received
> in error, please advise me and destroy e-mail immediately!

It will do your email. I also work with a financial company. You should
check us out at: http://eliteprivatewealth.com/ Have a good one!

Re: Outlook

Posted by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com>.
At 15:58 21/07/2016 +0000, Chris White wrote:
>Dan Kusel writes:
>>I currently use Microsoft Office and would like to try Open Office.
>>I did not see anything about an equivalent of Outlook for my
>>e-mail. Does the product have this functionality?
>
>It will do your email.

This is simply untrue: OpenOffice does not include a mail client!

>I also work with a financial company. You should check us out ...

With this level of misunderstanding on the part of its staff, would
this be wise?

Brian Barker

Re: Outlook

Posted by James Knott <ja...@rogers.com>.
On 07/21/2016 11:58 AM, Chris wrote:
> Dan Kusel <dankusel <at> rogers.com> writes:
>
>> I currently use Microsoft Office and would like to try Open Office. I
> did no
>> see anything about an equivalent of Outlook for my e-mail. Does the
> product
>> have this functionality?
>>

> It will do your email. I also work with a financial company. You should
> check us out at: http://eliteprivatewealth.com/ Have a good one!

OO does not do email.  However, many people use Thunderbird, which it
will work with.  Thunderbird also has a calendar.

RE: Outlook

Posted by toki <to...@gmail.com>.
Brian wrote:

>>It will do your email.

>This is simply untrue: OpenOffice does not include a mail client!

StarOffice included an email client. Back in the days of OOo 0.8 or 0.9,
OpenOffice.org included that email client.
By the time OOo 1.0 was released, the User Interface of that email
client had been more or less removed.

At least one of the commercially distributed, rebranded OOo 3.x clones,
included an email client. I don't know if they
rolled something into OOo, or simply rebranded a FLOSS email client.

jonathon