Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> on 2003/02/16 06:48:15 UTC

[VOTE] Struts 1.1 Release Candidate 1 Release Plan

All outstanding bugs against Struts 1.1 have either been fixed or been
categorized for fixing in a release subsequent to Struts 1.1 Final.
Therefore, I propose that we release the tip of the main trunk in CVS as
Release Candidate 1 for a Struts 1.1 release. I have checked in a proposed
release plan, which is available for review on the Struts web site:

    http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/proposals/release-plan-1.1rc1.html

Release plans must pass by a majority vote of committers on the project,
but all other interested parties are welcome to cast their votes (and/or
make comments or suggestions on the plan) as well.

Vote:  Struts 1.1-rc1 Release Plan
[ ] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
[ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
[ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release
[ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.1 Release Candidate 1 Release Plan

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Martin> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Martin> Vote:  Struts 1.1-rc1 Release Plan
    Martin> [X] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
    Martin> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
    Martin> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release
    Martin> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).
    Martin> --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully not too many people will be inconvenienced by #16749 (the problem
with attribute setters in Struts-EL) not being fixed in 1.1.  That's my only
hesitation, but it's not enough to vote against the release at this time.  I'll
be glad to see it, and will do what little I can to help.

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.1 Release Candidate 1 Release Plan

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Martin Cooper wrote:
> Vote:  Struts 1.1-rc1 Release Plan
> [x] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release
> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).

Ted Husted,

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.1 Release Candidate 1 Release Plan

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Martin Cooper wrote:

> Vote:  Struts 1.1-rc1 Release Plan
> [X] +1 I am in favor of the release, and will help support it
> [ ] +0 I am in favor of the release, but am unable to help support it
> [ ] -0 I am not in favor of the release
> [ ] -1 I am against this proposal (must include a reason).
>
> I am +1 on the Struts 1.1-rc1 release plan.

And thanks to *all* of you guys for all the hard work!

> --
> Martin Cooper

Craig

Re: [VOTE] Struts 1.1 Release Candidate 1 Release Plan

Posted by Cedric Dumoulin <ce...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Rob Leland <rl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
+1

I vote +1 because, as lot's of users, I cannot upgrade my apps to Struts 1.1
due to it's "beta" label, and so I think some bug will not been detected
until a "final" or "early-final" version is commited, and so lot's of people
will begin to test it on "real world" apps.

Nico.

Posted by Michael Mok <mo...@iprimus.com.au>.
+1

Michael Mok

Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
+1

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
+1

--
James Mitchell
Software Engineer/Struts Evangelist

"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who
cannot read them."
	- Mark Twain (1835-1910)

Posted by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com>.
+1