Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/03 22:58:36 UTC

Solr query parsing

Why would fq=sdate:+20100110 parse via a Solr server but not via
QueryParsing.parseQuery?  Its choking on the + symbol in the sdate
value.

I'd use QParserPlugin however it requires passing a SolrQueryRequest,
which is not kosher for testing, perhaps I'll need to bite the bullet
and reproduce using QPP with an SQR.

Re: Solr query parsing

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Why would fq=sdate:+20100110 parse via a Solr server but not via
: QueryParsing.parseQuery?  Its choking on the + symbol in the sdate
: value.

is it something as simple as the fact that with a Solr Server the "+" is a
URL escaped " " ?

hard to say w/o knowing qhatr exactly it is you are doing.

: I'd use QParserPlugin however it requires passing a SolrQueryRequest,
: which is not kosher for testing, perhaps I'll need to bite the bullet

that's what LocalSolrQueryRequest is for (and the TestHarness)

-Hoss