Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by rh...@apache.org on 2006/08/11 19:19:07 UTC

svn commit: r430830 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.2/

Author: rhillegas
Date: Fri Aug 11 10:19:07 2006
New Revision: 430830

Log: (empty)

Added:
    db/derby/code/branches/10.2/
      - copied from r430829, db/derby/code/trunk/

Re: svn commit: r430830 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.2/

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Thanks, Andrew. There are quite a number of moving parts involved in
generating the beta and I'm going to be busy for a bit.

Cheers,
-Rick

Re: Re: svn commit: r430830 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.2/

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Re: Re: Re: svn commit: r430830 - /db/derby/code/branches/10.2/

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/11/06, Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It gets more complicated if there is
> another revision, say 481122 that needs to be left out, then you do:
>
> svn merge -r 480011:481111 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/
> svn merge -r 481113:HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/

I think you got the idea, but if the rev is 481122 then that should
actually read:

svn merge -r 480011:481121 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/
svn merge -r 481123:HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/11/06, Rick Hillegas <Ri...@sun.com> wrote:
> Well, this will spoil my little plan to just mega-merge from the trunk
> to the 10.2 branch. If we do this, then we'll need to start swimming
> with lead weights on now. Every patch from 430830 onward should be
> hand-merged into the 10.2 branch.

Not necessarily, because merge takes a range of revisions and you can
specify the start point. just start with the 10.3 version update +1 up
to head if there are no other changes. e.g. if the 10.3 version update
is rev 480010, to grab everything but that revision from the trunk,
do:

svn merge -r 480011:HEAD http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/code/trunk/

while sitting in a branch view. It gets more complicated if there is

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Well, this will spoil my little plan to just mega-merge from the trunk
to the 10.2 branch. If we do this, then we'll need to start swimming
with lead weights on now. Every patch from 430830 onward should be
hand-merged into the 10.2 branch.

Regards,
-Rick

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.