Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Venkat Reddy Valluri <ve...@quinnfable.com> on 2002/12/20 19:13:42 UTC

Running tomcat 4.0.4 with j2sdk1.4.1 on redhat 7.3 dual processror gives out of memory error in syslog messages

Hi,
  I am running tomcat 4.0.4 on redhat 7.3 dual processor machine(2-4-18-3SMP) with j2sdk1.4.1 for my web application,
     The problem is after  couple of hours(6 or 7 hours after 7 or more  users hit the system), tomcat crashes and I ened up finding "kernel out of memory killing java process" in syslog messages(/var/log/messages)
      It is not the problem with java heap size I think
      The same web application is running successfully on tomcat 4.0.4 on redat 7.3 (2-4-18-3) single cpu machine with j2sdk1.4.0

      Here I didn't understand if multi processor redhat 7.3 matters with j2sdk1.4.1

Any help greatly apprecited

Thks
--Venkat