Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by b....@valbosoft.com on 2002/06/06 16:54:29 UTC

reliability of James

Hello,

I'm evaluating several mail servers, and ran into James. My question is:
how reliable is the latest release for profesional use? I've seen quit
some mails on this list about errors. On the other hand, I guess it's
normal that users only write about things that go wrong.. Could anybody
giva any comment?

B.t.w. I've got it running perfectly. The only inconvenience is that it
cuts off the administration telnet inmediately, even before giving my user
name. I saw another mail about the same question, but without answers...
Has anybody seen the same? I'm working on W2k, jdk1.4.

Cheers,

Bo van Weert