Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by "Burbach, Matthias" <Ma...@tui.de> on 2004/09/24 10:52:00 UTC

AbstractServiceInterceptorFactory

Hi,

we implemented two interceptors in our project based on
org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.AbstractServiceInterceptorFactory.
Now switching from 1.0-beta-2 to 1.0 this base class has obviously
disappeared.

Can you give me a hint how to migrate?

Thanks in advance,
Matthias Burbach

Re: AbstractServiceInterceptorFactory

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
The main benefit for using ASIF was that it would cache the
interceptor classes used for any single service point.  That is no
longer necessary ... the service models have been changed to ensure
that the IF is only invoked ONCE for any service point.

So, that leaves the code that builds the interceptor class by
iterating over its methods (see class MethodIterator), the same
ClassFactory/ClassFab invocations, and the same code to instantiate
the final object and push it on the stack.

What happened was that when I added the code to allow filtering of
which methods get invoked, the ASIF methods got *so* hairy that they
stopped being useful, especially given the change to the service
models.

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 10:52:00 +0200, Burbach, Matthias
<ma...@tui.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we implemented two interceptors in our project based on
> org.apache.hivemind.service.impl.AbstractServiceInterceptorFactory.
> Now switching from 1.0-beta-2 to 1.0 this base class has obviously
> disappeared.
>
> Can you give me a hint how to migrate?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matthias Burbach