Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Alessio Dovico Lupo <do...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/18 16:09:00 UTC

query_servers python

I'm working on gathering data from Twitter and permanently storing them in
CouchDb.
I'm able to save the user tweets on CouchDB and to visualize them through
Futon CouchDB; some problems arise when I try to update these data or to
retrieve them.

I attached the message generated by CouchDb and a part of the configuration
page.
In addition, I explored the Futon graphical interface and I noticed that the
combo box offers, among its options, only Javascript as supported language.
In the configuration file associated with CouchDB I set:

[query_servers] python = C:\Python27\Scripts\couchpy

and I exploited easy_install to import al required libraries.

Currently my machine runs python 2.7.2.5, Active Python (working on Windows
7) and CouchDb 1.1.0.

Many thanks for your patience and kind support,

Best,
Alessio Dovico Lupo

Re: query_servers python

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi.

If you have tried Python query server from last couchdb-python release
or trunk, it would crush in same way for any errors that your design
function raises. Reason is simply - it hardly fits CouchDB server
0.11+ due to some changes in QS protocol.

Could you try new QS from
http://code.google.com/p/couchdb-python/issues/detail?id=146#c25 ?
If your problem is really in design function code, you would receive
nicer error message instead.

P.S. I suppose, better to revise your view function that requests
tweeter for something, moving those logic to update/show or list
function - depending on what do you want to do.

--