Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 21:54:09 UTC

Recommended performance monitoring/testing tools?

getList();

I was wondering what performance tools/packages you would recommend
for both model and WUI portions of a web application.  (BTW I am not
using EJBs)

I haven't really done any performance/load testing on my application,
but I'd like to.  Right now my SQL queries are the slowest part of the
app, but that is out of my control.

I found this site that lists lots of packages:
http://www.javaperformancetuning.com/news/newtips081.shtml

I'd prefer open source, and if there are negative recommendations,
that would be helpful too!

Daniel

Re: Recommended performance monitoring/testing tools?

Posted by Daniel Honig <da...@gmail.com>.
CHeck out the Grinder....It should be able to serve your needs

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
The only profiling tool I've liked for java - outside of hand crafted
solutions - has been yourkit.

On 10/16/07, Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> getList();
>
> I was wondering what performance tools/packages you would recommend
> for both model and WUI portions of a web application.  (BTW I am not
> using EJBs)
>
> I haven't really done any performance/load testing on my application,
> but I'd like to.  Right now my SQL queries are the slowest part of the
> app, but that is out of my control.
>
> I found this site that lists lots of packages:
> http://www.javaperformancetuning.com/news/newtips081.shtml
>
> I'd prefer open source, and if there are negative recommendations,
> that would be helpful too!
>
> Daniel

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo team member/developer