Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Ralph Rauscher <rr...@blue-elephant-systems.com> on 2006/03/01 17:45:48 UTC

Re: CForms multivalue field breaks if used within union widget with AJAX enabled??

Thanks! The 2.1.9-dev fixes the problem - the javascript error is gone
and switching cases now works. However, there's a new problem. If I
switch back and forth between union cases the values entered are not
being remembered any more. Is this already being addressed - if not,
maybe someone can point me into the right direction so I can have a look
into this myself.

Best regards
Ralph

Posted by Ralph Rauscher <rr...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.

Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Ralph Rauscher wrote:
>
>> Yes, there is a sample. The datasource chooser in the cforms samples
>> section shows the problem. When switching union cases, the values are
>> being remembered when using a cocoon 2.1.8. Using 2.1.9-dev values
>> entered (or values initially loaded via binding) are lost when
>> switching.
>

> Hi Ralph, many thanks for your feedaback!
>
> I used the online cocoon demo site for 2.1.9-dev [1] and I can confirm
> this bug.
> Step to reproduce:
>
> 1- Selected type 'SQL' and added some text in the 3 fields.
> 2- Selected type 'file'.
> 3- Select typw 'SQL' again
> Result: All the original info in the 3 fields is lost.
> Expected: the form must remember the values of the 3 fields for type
> 'SQL' and show then again after step '3'.
> Is this correct?
> Question: Have you tried to turn off ajax to see if this is an ajax
> issue at all?
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Antonio Gallardo.
>
> [1]
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/demos/21branch/samples/blocks/forms/do-datasourceChooser.flow

Antonio,

you're right! I've tried it - this behaviour has nothing to do with
AJAX. The values are lost in 2.1.9-dev with AJAX enabled as well as with
AJAX disabled.

Thanks again for your help.

Wish you a nice weekend.
Ralph

Re: CForms multivalue field breaks if used within union widget with AJAX enabled??

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.

Posted by Ralph Rauscher <rr...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Ralph Rauscher wrote:
>

>> Thanks! The 2.1.9-dev fixes the problem - the javascript error is
>> gone and switching cases now works.
>

> Great to hear that!
>
>> However, there's a new problem. If I switch back and forth between
>> union cases the values entered are not being remembered any more.
>

> Did it work before?

It did. At least with the Cocoon 2.1.8 release.

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.