Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Smith <ss...@summitlogic.com> on 2001/07/01 00:23:25 UTC

Found possible Bug in struts-form.tld (options tag)

The options tag definition should be changed FROM:

<tag>
		<name>options</name>

<tagclass>org.apache.struts.taglib.html.OptionsTag</tagclass>
		<bodycontent>empty</bodycontent>

TO:

<tag>
		<name>options</name>

<tagclass>org.apache.struts.taglib.html.Options1Tag</tagclass>
		<bodycontent>empty</bodycontent>

Notice the implementation class is Options1Tag instead of OptionsTag.  I was
having lots of problems getting options to work the way they are documented,
so like any good hacker, I looked at the code and noticed two
implementations of the options taglib.  The Options1Tag solved my problems.

Is this a know bug in the 1.0 distro?  Are there any dangers to using the
Options1Tag class?

Scott P. Smith
SummitLogic
790 Oak Trail Drive
Marietta, GA 30062
USA

email:	ssmith@summitlogic.com

Re: Found possible Bug in struts-form.tld (options tag)

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
The struts-form taglib is obsolete in Struts 1.0, as is the Options1Tag. I'm
not entirely sure how they made it into the binary distribution, but they
shouldn't be there. You need to switch over to using the struts-html taglib
instead.

--
Martin Cooper