Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Shinkan <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/30 16:51:24 UTC

Log4J + Torque ... gonna drive me mad.

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to make Torque logging working through LOG4J, as it's apparently
the only reliable solution (I would have used the native Java Logger
interface :'( ).
I've tried many many many Google's answers requesting about "torque
logging", "torque log4j", "log4j" and more, and I still fail.

I now have this configuration .properties section, which is embedded in the
Torque.properties (which is by the way correctly loaded by Torque.init(...))
:

log4j.category.default = ALL, default
log4j.appender.default = org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.default.file = log/data.log
log4j.appender.default.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.default.layout.conversionPattern = %d [%t] %-5p %c - %m%n
log4j.appender.default.maxBackupIndex = 5
log4j.appender.default.maxFileSize = 5MB
log4j.appender.default.append = true

Is Torque supposed to init LOG4J at Torque.init( filePath ) phase ?
How could I proceed ?
I always get this message at app's startup :
(org.apache.torque.TorqueInstance).
Thus, I've got absolutely no log ...

Please, help :'(

Many thanks in advance.

--
Pierre.
Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use XML".

Re: Log4J + Torque ... gonna drive me mad.

Posted by Shinkan <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your quick answering !

But I tried.
With something (kinda, don't remember) like
org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator.loadProperties( myPropertiesFilePath
);
But if failed the same way.

And why Torque documentation and defaut Torque.properties file talks about
embedding log4j properties on Torque.properties ?
Is this just about the convienience of maintaining and loading the same file
on 2 properties loaders ?

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.