Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by UrgeToSplurge <an...@btinternet.com> on 2015/11/23 14:59:37 UTC

Valid Artemis Filter content

Hello all,

I have scoured both the Artemis/HornetQ documentation, and every forum
going, and have not found an answer to this question, so am posting here.

We have a use case which entails a divert queue (core, not JMS), taking a
subset of messages from a JMS queue on the same server, accomplished using a
filter.  So far so good.

Our challenge is that we would ideally like to filter the messages based on
a particular JSON string in the message *body*, rather than a message
property.  The documentation isn't explicit as to whether this is possible
or not.  We'd rather avoid publishing all content in the message properties,
if we can, since this would render the body effectively redundant.

Could someone clarify whether this is possible, and if so, how?

For reference, we are using HornetQ 2.4.1 embedded in Wildfly 8.1.

Many thanks,

Angus

Re: Valid Artemis Filter content

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.
As far as I can tell filter expressions only work on message properties.

Justin