Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/08 13:41:21 UTC

Fields not indexed?

Hi,

I am really new to Solr so I apologize if the question is a little off.
I was playing with DataImportHandler and tried to index a table in a MS SQL
database.
I configured my datasource with the necessary parameters and added three
fields with column(uppercase) and name:

    <field column="ID" name="machineId" />
    <field column="SERIAL" name="machineSerial"/>
    <field column="IVK" name="machineIvk"/>

The full-import command seems to have completed successfully and I see that
the number of documents processed is the same as the number of entries in
my table.
However when I try to run a *:* query from the admin console I only get

  < doc>
      <float name="score">1.0</float>
      <str name="id">1</str>
   </doc>

I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of this.
Thanks.

Re: Fields not indexed?

Posted by Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com>.
I just realized that as I pushed the send button :P
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Re: Fields not indexed?

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
well, you should add these fields in schema.xml, otherwise solr won't know
them.

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The schema.xml is the default file that comes with Solr 3.5, didn't change
> anything there.
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > How does your schema for the fields look like?
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am really new to Solr so I apologize if the question is a little off.
> > > I was playing with DataImportHandler and tried to index a table in a MS
> > SQL
> > > database.
> > > I configured my datasource with the necessary parameters and added
> three
> > > fields with column(uppercase) and name:
> > >
> > >    <field column="ID" name="machineId" />
> > >    <field column="SERIAL" name="machineSerial"/>
> > >    <field column="IVK" name="machineIvk"/>
> > >
> > > The full-import command seems to have completed successfully and I see
> > that
> > > the number of documents processed is the same as the number of entries
> in
> > > my table.
> > > However when I try to run a *:* query from the admin console I only get
> > >
> > >  < doc>
> > >      <float name="score">1.0</float>
> > >      <str name="id">1</str>
> > >   </doc>
> > >
> > > I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of this.
> > > Thanks.
> > >

> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dmitry Kan

Dmitry Kan

Re: Fields not indexed?

Posted by Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fields not indexed?

Posted by Dmitry Kan <dm...@gmail.com>.
How does your schema for the fields look like?

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am really new to Solr so I apologize if the question is a little off.
> I was playing with DataImportHandler and tried to index a table in a MS SQL
> database.
> I configured my datasource with the necessary parameters and added three
> fields with column(uppercase) and name:
>
>    <field column="ID" name="machineId" />
>    <field column="SERIAL" name="machineSerial"/>
>    <field column="IVK" name="machineIvk"/>
>
> The full-import command seems to have completed successfully and I see that
> the number of documents processed is the same as the number of entries in
> my table.
> However when I try to run a *:* query from the admin console I only get
>
>  < doc>
>      <float name="score">1.0</float>
>      <str name="id">1</str>
>   </doc>
>
> I'm not sure how to get to the bottom of this.
> Thanks.

Dmitry Kan