Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Rajagopal. V" <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/22 04:27:35 UTC

Maintain session

Hi all,
Im just starting out on SOAP and am trying the
examples. I looked at the addressbook2 directory and
it mentioned that its the same as addressbook with
session handling included, When u look at the code for
addressbook2, the main difference is
Call call = new Call ();
SOAPHTTPConnection shc = new SOAPHTTPConnection ();
shc.setMaintainSession (true);
call.setSOAPTransport (shc);
and use this call object to invoke the target URL,

But i looked at the sourecode for Call.java and it has
this statement in invoke method
if (st == null)
        st = new SOAPHTTPConnection();
And SoapHTTPConnection has a field called
maintainSession which has a defautl value of TRUE.

So it looks to me that both the addressbook and
addressbook2 are doing the same except that
addrssbook2 is explicitly setting maintainsession to
true, which is the default.

Am i missing anything wrong???

TIA
Raj

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

RE: Maintain session

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Raj,

This is true if you continue to use the same SoapHTTPConnection for each
Call. However, if you deploy with "Request" scope, the server creates a new
instance of your service for each invocation, so you will still be dealing
with a new object each time.

Thanks,
-Matt

RE: Maintain session