Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by h....@webfair.com on 2002/10/29 10:11:10 UTC

Status

Hi,

I would like to use Xindice for my application, but realized that the latest
build, which is quite old, requires Xerces 1.4.3. The version in CVS seems
to be using Xerces 2.x. What is the status of this version? Will there be a
new release soon?

Thanks,
Harald

Re: Status

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.
Vladimir R. Bossicard wrote:

>> What is the status of this version? Will there be a new release soon?
>
> AFAIK this release is not so unstable...  It's useable but we have
> currently too few feedback to really know where we are.  At least that's
> my impression.
>
> As to the question "release soon", it all depends what "soon" means :-)

Vladimir,

AFAIK I'm unable to get past our firewall and have contacted our
admins regarding this, but for now it's too bad that the idea of
weekly or biweekly packages hasn't been automated, as I'd simply
grab the latest development release and try it. As is, I can't
currently upgrade and test until something comes available as a
web link.

I'm kinda interested in what kinds of changes I'll have to make
to use the new version, as I'm currently running my application
as a client to the version 1.0 application running as a db server.

Murray

Murray Altheim                  <http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

            If you're the first person in a new territory,
            you're likely to get shot at.
                                                     -- ma

Re: Status

Posted by "Vladimir R. Bossicard" <vl...@bossicard.com>.
> What is the status of this version? Will there be a new release soon?

AFAIK this release is not so unstable...  It's useable but we have
currently too few feedback to really know where we are.  At least that's
my impression.

As to the question "release soon", it all depends what "soon" means :-)

Regards,

-Vladimir

--
Vladimir R. Bossicard